AFTER DISASTERS, SPORT AND PLAY HELP PEOPLE TO REGAIN A SENSE OF NORMALITY. HOWEVER, AID WORKERS ON THE GROUND ARE OFTEN UNAWARE OF THE POSITIVE EFFECTS OF SPORT ON SURVIVORS’ MENTAL HEALTH.
SA4D developed the ‘Moving Together’ handbook for them. The handbook explains how aid workers can use sport and play in disaster zones. Concrete examples demonstrate what sport and play activities with traumatised people are like.
SA4D developed the publication in cooperation with TUM (Technische Universität München), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education.
Interested in our approach and our manual? Feel free to get in touch, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Moving Together – Promoting Psychosocial Well-being through Sport and Physical Activity
- Swiss Academy for Development
- Technische Universität München
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education